Monday, April 1, 2019

TCM Film Festival Schedule 2019



Thursday Night of the TCM FF


Ocean’s 11 Themed Party
When Harry Met Sally Opening Night Red Carpet
Dark Passage
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes


One of the reasons I try to get the Essentials Pass is so I can attend the
Red Carpet Event.The guests for this are impressive and the Festival Tributes
happen here as well.


Mogambo
Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer
The Umbrellas of Cherboug


I’ve never seen this French Musical and it is supposed to have a spectacular color palate,
that should be great on the big screen.


Fridays At The TCM FF


The Postman Always Rings Twice
Merrily We Go to Hell
The Clock
High Society


Classic Noir, Female Directed Pre-code,  Non-musical Garland,
or the musical version of The Philadelphia Story with Grace Kelly’s last role.
This is a tough choice. I am open to suggestions.




Out of Africa
Love in the Afternoon
Sleeping Beauty
Republic Serials


I’m interested in the Republic serials, but Sleeping Beauty is my
daughter’s favorite classic Disney. So that will be the choice for now.


Raiders of the Lost Ark
Broadway Danny Rose
My Favorite Wife
A Patch of Blue


Two names decided this for me, Ben Burtt and Craig Barron, consistently
the best presentations at the festival, and they both worked on the film.
There should be some great behind the scenes material here.


The Sound of Music
Steel Magnolias
Escape from Alcatraz
Day for Night


I’ve never seen Day for Night and it is a movie about movies.
Everything else at this time slot is not a rarity for me.





Do the Right Thing
Road House (1948)
Winchester 73
Goodbye Mr. Chips
Desert Hearts


I love me a Western, but I also love a good cry.
I think the classic from the greatest year will be my choice.


Saturday At the TCM FF


From Here to Eternity
Double Wedding
All Through the Night
When Worlds Collide
The Little Colonel


These are fantastic choices that I hate are up against each other.
I think I’ll end up at When Worlds Collide because
Dennis Miller and Barbara Rush will be there.

A Woman Under the Influence
Kind Hearts and Coronets
Tarzan and His Mate
Sleepless in Seattle
Fox an Appreciation


Another set of tough choices. Barron and Burtt are back for
Tarzan and his Mate, that gives it the edge for me, but the Fox Appreciation
is particularly timely. I could waiver.

Father Goose
Love Affair
Tom Mix Double Feature
All About Nora
Working Girl
A Raisin in the Sun


This is a Club TCM Event that I think I am going to make an effort to attend,
otherwise it’s Tom Mix.

Blood Money
Nashville
Wuthering Heights
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
The Robert Osborne Award


I want to see Alex Trebeck with Wuthering Heights, and the Osborne Award
is important, but as the founder of The Strother Martin Film Project,
I need to see Butch and Sundance to include it on both of my movie sites and
to honor the man at this Festival.










The Bad Seed
Indiscret
Star Wars
Samson and Delilah
Escape From New York
Waterloo Bridge


This is a no brainer, Kurt Russell and John Carpenter are going to
be at the screening.This is a high priority.


Sunday at the TCM FF


Hello Dolly
The Defiant Ones
Mad Love
Holiday


I hope to run into my TCM Blogging Friends Kellee and Aurora
and the rest of the online group at Holiday. Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn,
if my online pals are not at this, someone must be ill.

Yours, Mine and Ours
The Robe
Magnificent Obsession


I’m not sure, I think The Robe, as a way of acknowledging the passing of
Twentieth Century Fox. If you think I should see the Douglas Sirk picture,
please give me some reasons, I’m persuadable.


Marty
The Killers (1964)
Cold Turkey


Angie Dickinson will be there and Ronald Reagan makes his last screen
appearance. This seems like it will work.

Gone with the Wind
A Woman of Affairs
Godfather Part II
Buck Privates
The Dolly Sisters


I’m going to ask my daughter what she wants to do here. I’m up for all of them.
GWTW may be the default because of the Festival itself. The Dolly Sisters is
a nitrate presentation, and I have not done one of those yet.

No comments: