Saturday, February 23, 2019

February Blues

This has never been a great month for new releases but there are several films I would like to have seen but simply did not have time to get to. I hope that you have been visiting with the podcast that I co-host, because that has been where most of my movie activity has been in the last few weeks.

As a birthday gift, I was able to choose the films to be considered for MOTM on the Lambcast. The Community selected Tombstone, so I hosted that show and you can catch up with it here:



We then embarked on an ambitious year long journey to cover all of the "official" James Bond films before the release next year of "Bond 25". Loyal readers know of my obsession with 007 and you can hear it being indulged, along with proof that obsession can be genetic here:





Frankly, I was so underwhelmed by the Academy Awards nominations this year, that for the first time ever since it began, we skipped out on the Best Picture Showcase. I did however provide some discussion on the awards on the Lambcast Oscar Prediction show. It's sell by date is rapidly approaching so if you want to hear before the results are announced, you better hurry.




Finally, I was the featured guest on the sister podcast on the Lamb, Acting School 101. Our subject for February {The Subjects celebrate a birthday in the month that they are discussed} was Laura Dern. My friend MovieRob hosts the show and we had a nice time talking about this fine actress, in a relatively short show [At least in comparison to the Lambcast].





This should bring you up to speed with the rather lazy month's work. There will be an upcoming podcast on the "How to Train Your Dragon" Franchise coming later this week. I will be hosting and I will put it up so i have one more entry in February at least.




No comments: