10. The U.S.S. Missouri makes a guest appearance in Battleship.
9. The Hunger Games: Katniss Salutes Rue and District 11
8. Prometheus: Dr. Shaw Gives Herself a C-Section
7. The Grey: Liam Neeson Stands Up to A Wolf by Getting Ready to Punch It
6. The Dark Knight Rises: Batman Re-Appears After Eight Years of Hiding
5. The Avengers: Hulk Smash Puny God
4. Django Unchained: Dr. Schultz is simply done with Calvin Candy
3. SKYFALL: 007 Has Two Great Moments in One MovieOK, maybe it is a cheat, but It is my favorite movie of the year and I did not put these at the top, so indulge me a little. In the pre-title action sequence, Bond makes a daring leap from a back hoe that is collapsing on top of an escaping train car. As he jumps into the passenger car, he takes a moment to pay attention to his stylish appearance. Like Connery pulling off a wetsuit to reveal a tuxedo, or Roger Moore straightening his tie after flicking a bad guy off a building, this was a moment straight from the hearts of 007 lovers everywhere.
As a fan of James Bond since I was seven or eight, there are many iconic moments, characters and gadgets that I recall with great adoration. In closing the second act and beginning the third in Skyfall, the film makers bring back an old ally in a reveal that frankly gave me a little too much of a charge. Thankfully the only body excretion was a tear.
2. Piranha 3DD: The Greatest Line in 2012 (Maybe in Movie History)
This is not a great film, but I was entertained. I will never be able to erase from my memory (nor do I want to) this terrific piece of dialogue.
1. Les Misérables: I Dreamed a Dream
There were a lot of things I did not enjoy about Les Miz, but all of them are forgiven because we got Anne Hatheway doing the key song from the play. If she is not the Academy Award Winner for Best Supporting Actress, I may never watch the awards again.